The CareLine gives a current list of prayer needs in our church: for encouragement, support, sympathy, or celebration. This list is updated three times a week. Please submit a request to us whenever a person should be added to the CareLine.
- Shannon Playl on the baptism of her daughter, Katie Grace, on Sunday, 12/11.
- John Haake, husband of former music director Abby Woods Haake, is home from his overseas deployment.
- Charlotte Walton on the birth of her great grandson, Miles Walton Eure, of Raleigh. Parents are Charles and Kylie Eure and grandparents include: Ric Knight and Becky Romulus.
- Alice Diab’s mother, Barbara Barnette of Asheboro, died on Wednesday, 12/14. The service will be on Saturday, 12/17 at 2pm at the First United Methodist Church of Asheboro.
- Clyde Strassner’s brother, Gene, of KY died on Wednesday, 12/14.
- Ben Ivey’s father, Bejamin Carr Ivey, died on Sunday, 12/11. A memorial was held on Thursday, 12/15 at Grace United Methodist Church.
- Betty Jo Bennett’s son, Chad McCorkle’s father-in-law, Ernesto Fernandez, died unexpectedly on Sunday, 12/11. Prayers are requested for Chad, his wife Maria and Maria’s mother, Mayong Cha.
- David Jones received a unit of blood on Friday, 12/16 because his hemoglobin level dropped.
- Lauren Mercer has only one chamber of her heart that is functioning properly and is also pregnant..
- Jean Anne Sutton had knee replacement surgery on Tuesday, 12/13, and is now at Trinity Grove for PT.
- Marsha Wells is at Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte undergoing tests and treatments for leukemia and a tumor that was discovered.
- Paul Nicholasen is doing well following an outpatient procedure on Wednesday, 12/14 at NHRMC.
- Betsy Wallace is now at Azalea Health and Rehab following recent hospitalization.
- Clyde Ent is at Trinity Grove following recent hospitalization.
- Jane Smith suffered a spinal stroke which has caused her to be paralyzed while visiting her daughter in MT. She is in a rehab facility receiving physical therapy.
- Ira Johnson had an appointment at Duke on Monday, 12/11, to discern treatment options for the tumor that has is bonded with parts of his eye.
- Shannon Playl’s aunt, Johnsie Cooper, of GA is under hospice care.
- Dennis Mialki, is scheduled for a biopsy on his prostate on 12/29 in PA.
- Charles Wade and Kayla Neal’s infant son, Charlie, anticipates having surgery at UNC when he is about 6 months old (March/April) because his skull has fused too quickly not allowing room for the brain to grow.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK:
- December 11: Bob Tesh, Jackie Black, Charles Wade Neal
- December 12: Darlene Merritt, Bette Aman, Claire Alley, Rob Bryan, Charleigh Gray Bagley
- December 13: Jeanine Milner, Samantha McIver
- December 14: Janet Humphries, Wesley Knape, Claude Page, Fisher Eskew
- December 15: Gayle Bell, Sonya Johnston, Tyler Stacks, Larkin Mayes
- December 16: Joan Andrews, David Huffine, Jennings Lathan, Mackenzie Dalton, Olivia Pasin
- December 17: Judy McGuire, Selma Bento, Alison Yeargan
Andy Connette, Steven Hovdesven and Charlie Hobson, John Haake
Overseas: Jack Guttenberger (South Korea)
THE PRAYER CONNECTION Long-Term Concerns (updated monthly)
Monday, November 14, 2016
- Nancy Kiefhaber, severe back pain; at hospital with heart issues; will go back to Davis Rehab with hospice care; UPDATE 12-5-16: Nancy passed away 11-17 and the service was 12-3.
- John and Connie Houser’s daughter, Dr. Amy Houser, paralyzed from waist down, Neuromyelitis Optica; hip surgery on 11/14
- Ken Haugh had open heart surgery; he will have home recuperation for 6 weeks and then extensive cardio rehab. Ken and his wife, Anne, work for Wycliffe Bible translators, are currently located near Raleigh, and are supported by SACPC.
- Lib Pusey, CT scan for abdominal pain
- Emily Liotta’s sister, Becky McArthur, at NHRMC recovering from injuries from a car accident
- Jodie Smith is home following an extended hospitalization. She’ll continue to receive rehab.
- Teresa Morgan’s mother, Lois Williamson, health issues
- Jack Woods’ mother, Betty Woods of NY, broken arm and Alzheimer’s diagnosis
- Melissa Hinds’ parents, Lillian and Ray Galloway of Greensboro, with Lillian’s declining health
- Lisa Romero’s step-mother, Caroly Martin, who had pancreatic cancer, died 10/26
- Ira Johnson, Oblique Supreme Palsy in left eye and tumor behind left eye; issues with pain and swelling
- Dennis Mialki, serving with Engineers without borders of Pittsburg in October/November on a clean water project in the Andes Mountains in Ecuador.
- Sid & Frances Bradsher, health concerns
- Dawn Canady, dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system
- Genie Gretz, migraines; daughter, Audrey, UNC-Charlotte student, on study abroad in Japan
- Barbara Liles, back problems
- Diane Swain, leukemia
- Julian Lanier’s daughter, Julie Bloss, autonomic system failure
- Ann Montgomery’s great-nephew, Travis Rivenbark, paralysis from a bike accident
- Bob & Louise Clemmons’ grandson, Sampson Clemmons, waiting on kidney transplant
- Myra Burtt, Lewy Body Dementia
- Lib LeGwin, leaking heart valve
- Evelyn Estep’s grandson, Josh, schizophrenia
- Sarah Grace Hill, 16-year-old, chronic autoimmune disease
- Brenda Garrison’s daughter, Paige, autoimmune disease
- Teresa Pierce, breast cancer
- Linda and Denny Smith’s granddaughter, Loren Risgaard, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis