The CareLine gives a current list of prayer needs in our church: for encouragement, support, sympathy, or celebration. This list is updated three times a week. Please submit a request to us whenever a person should be added to the CareLine.
- Eliot and Katie Garner for the birth of their son, Eliot Carson Garner, Jr, born on 12/20. Grandparents include Tom and Cathy Garner.
- Robert Bowden, who had been a long-time sexton for SACPC, died 12/28. Family will receive friends at Shaw Funeral Home on 12/31, 5-8pm. The service will be Sunday, January 1st, 1pm, at Ephesus Seventh Day Adventist Church with burial to follow at Calvary Cemetery.
- Walter Futch’s mother, Isa Futch, died on 12/24. Visitation will be at Wrightsboro Baptist Church, 6-8pm, 12/28, and celebration of life will be at Wrightsboro, 2pm, 12/29.
- Mickie Annarino’s son, Michael, died on 12/21, after a lengthy decline.
- Shannon Playl’s aunt, Johnsie Cooper, of GA died on Monday, 12/19.
- Leo Nowak, former member who had moved to Cary, died on 12/18. The service was on 12/28.
- Lou Greer’s sister, Nancy McAulay, is in Mission Hospital in Asheville due to a stroke. She also has dementia.
- Clyde Ent is now home following recent hospitalization and rehab at Trinity Grove.
- Hank Montgomery’s mother, Ruth G. Montgomery, was admitted to NHRMC with heart issues.
- L. C. Dechent’s mother, Joyce Young, was admitted to Rex Hospital in Raleigh on Christmas Day with congestive heart failure. They are seeing some improvement with treatment.
- Judy Hartz’s son, Ronnie Smith, is scheduled for surgery on Friday, December 30, at NHRMC, due to diverticulosis. He expects to remain in the hospital 3 days.
- Evelyn Estep’s brother, Ken Branston of FL, has been diagnosed with lung cancer and is awaiting recommendations for treatment.
- Larry Tootoo’s sister, Easter Limeback continues with dialysis and is on the transplant list for a kidney. Due to her diabetic condition, she has an infection in her foot and will have to have her big toe amputated.
- Larry & Page Tootoo’s daughter, Katherine Makepeace of FL, will have surgery after Christmas to remove and replace rods which were placed in her spine and head years ago. These rods are breaking.
- Ira Johnson had 3 days of radiation treatments 12/19-21 at Duke for a tumor that has bonded with parts of his eye. He also had an infusion on 12/21 and expects to go back to Duke on 1/04 for the next infusion.
- Lauren Mercer has only one chamber of her heart that is functioning properly and is also pregnant.
- Jean Anne Sutton had knee replacement surgery on 12/13 and is now at Trinity Grove for PT.
- Betsy Wallace is at Azalea Health and Rehab following recent hospitalization.
- Jane Smith suffered a spinal stroke causing paralysis while visiting her daughter in MT. She is in a rehab facility receiving physical therapy.
- Dennis Mialki is scheduled for a biopsy on his prostate on 12/29 in PA.
- Silas Ncozana, pastor in Chuluchosema, Malawi, is recovering from elephantiasis, which has caused inflammation in his leg. The church also shares prayers of thanksgiving for rains which have been beneficial for crops.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK:
- December 25: Sam Lathan
- December 27: Leslie Danilowicz, Thornton Cornette, Will Cherry
- December 28: Mary Early, Will Harper
- December 29: Charles Brown, Bert Hale, Melanie James
- December 30: Sally Mayes, Joyce Wilkinson, Ashleyanne Stratas
- December 31: Tommy Mann
Andy Connette, Steven Hovdesven and Charlie Hobson, John Haake
Overseas: Jack Guttenberger (South Korea)
THE PRAYER CONNECTION Long-Term Concerns (updated monthly)
Wednesday, December 21 2016
- Charles Wade and Kayla Neal’s infant son, Charlie, craniosynostosis (skull has fused too early); surgery expected at 6 months
- Marsha Wells, Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte, treatment for leukemia and a tumor that was discovered
- Jayne Booker, friend of Peggy Hayes, chemo and radiation for Stage 2 Ovarian and Stage 1 uterine cancer
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy), chemo treatments through Johns-Hopkins Hospital for cancer
- Chip McGuire, pancreatic cancer treatments
- John and Connie Houser’s daughter, Dr. Amy Houser of Raleigh, surgery for an infection in her hip; also paralysis due to an auto immune disease
- Ann McCord of VA, colon cancer (Ann is the daughter of the late David and Kitty Holmes)
- Ken Haugh, open heart surgery with rehab in the near future (Ken and Anne work for Wycliffe Bible Translators)
- Jodie Smith, continued rehab after extensive hospitalization
- Jack Woods’ mother, Betty Woods of NY, broken arm and Alzheimer’s diagnosis
- Melissa Hinds’ parents, Lillian and Ray Galloway of Greensboro, with Lillian’s declining health
- Dawn Canady, dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system
- Genie Gretz, migraines; daughter, Audrey, UNC-Charlotte student, on study abroad in Japan
- Barbara Liles, back problems
- Diane Swain, leukemia
- Julian Lanier’s daughter, Julie Bloss, autonomic system failure
- Ann Montgomery’s great-nephew, Travis Rivenbark, paralysis from a bike accident
- Bob & Louise Clemmons’ grandson, Sampson Clemmons, waiting on kidney transplant
- Myra Burtt, Lewy Body Dementia
- Lib LeGwin, leaking heart valve
- Evelyn Estep’s grandson, Josh, schizophrenia
- Sarah Grace Hill, 16-year-old, chronic autoimmune disease
- Brenda Garrison’s daughter, Paige, autoimmune disease
- Teresa Pierce, breast cancer
- Linda and Denny Smith’s granddaughter, Loren Risgaard, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis