The CareLine gives a current list of prayer needs in our church: for encouragement, support, sympathy, or celebration. This list is updated three times a week. Please submit a request to us whenever a person should be added to the CareLine.
- Shannon Playl’s former pastor, Gordon Turnbull’s, young adult son, Alec, a Navy pilot, died unexpectedly.
- Bill Cameron’s brother-in-law, Matthew Dill, died on Monday, January 9th. The memorial service was at First Presbyterian Church on Thursday, January 12.
- Teresa Pierce’s father, Joseph Shea, died on Sunday, January 8th. The funeral will be at Wilmington Funeral Chapel on Monday, January 16th at 11 a.m. with a visitation an hour prior to the service.
- Ted Froneberger’s mother, Catherine Froneberger, is at the Hospice Care Center.
- Patsy Weinel Thurston’s father, William Weinel, is at the Hospice Care Center.
- Marsha Wells is back at the Levine Cancer Center in Charlotte receiving treatments.
- Ed Connette, Pastor Emeritus, is being treated at Davis for a virus. He is improving and hopes to transition home on Tuesday, 1/17.
- David Jones received 2 units of blood and is scheduled for an appointment at Duke on Thursday, 1/19.
- Herb Strickler had partial knee replacement on Wednesday, 1/4 and is recovering at home.
- Evelyn Estep’s 26-year-old granddaughter, Kayla, is hospitalized in Brantford, ON, Canada, with complications from Type 1 diabetes.
- Jane Shelton’s brother, Bud Keziah of FL, had open heart surgery on Wednesday, 1/4 to replace a leaking heart valve, repair the aorta and put in 2 stents.
- Larry & Page Tootoo’s daughter, Katherine Makepeace of FL, will have surgery after the first of the year to remove and replace rods which were placed in her spine and head years ago. These rods are breaking.
- Ira Johnson went to Duke on Friday, 1/6 for treatments for a tumor that has bonded with parts of his eye. He will resume treatments in Wilmington. Also, Dorothie Johnson is experiencing a lot of pain in her knee.
- Our partner church, Chuluchosema CCAP in Malawi: for the school children, gentle rains upon their fields and for good crops this year.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK:
- January 8: Russell Herring, Thomas Heffron
- January 9: Bert Tesh, Megan Johnson
- January 10: Kathryn Ciarrocca
- January 11: Claire Hughes, David McGowan, Melissa George, Alex Dozier
- January 12: John Pasquariello, Cameron Lefler, JC Hunt
- January 13: Jane Shelton, Kent Anderson, Charlene Boyd, Paul Benson
Andy Connette, Steven Hovdesven, Charlie Hobson, John Haake, and Jack Guttenberger (South Korea)
THE PRAYER CONNECTION Long-Term Concerns (updated monthly)
Wednesday, December 21 2016
- Charles Wade and Kayla Neal’s infant son, Charlie, craniosynostosis (skull has fused too early); surgery expected at 6 months
- Marsha Wells, Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte, treatment for leukemia and a tumor that was discovered
- Jayne Booker, friend of Peggy Hayes, chemo and radiation for Stage 2 Ovarian and Stage 1 uterine cancer
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy), chemo treatments through Johns-Hopkins Hospital for cancer
- Chip McGuire, pancreatic cancer treatments
- John and Connie Houser’s daughter, Dr. Amy Houser of Raleigh, surgery for an infection in her hip; also paralysis due to an auto immune disease
- Ann McCord of VA, colon cancer (Ann is the daughter of the late David and Kitty Holmes)
- Ken Haugh, open heart surgery with rehab in the near future (Ken and Anne work for Wycliffe Bible Translators)
- Jodie Smith, continued rehab after extensive hospitalization
- Jack Woods’ mother, Betty Woods of NY, broken arm and Alzheimer’s diagnosis
- Melissa Hinds’ parents, Lillian and Ray Galloway of Greensboro, with Lillian’s declining health
- Dawn Canady, dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system
- Genie Gretz, migraines; daughter, Audrey, UNC-Charlotte student, on study abroad in Japan
- Barbara Liles, back problems
- Diane Swain, leukemia
- Julian Lanier’s daughter, Julie Bloss, autonomic system failure
- Ann Montgomery’s great-nephew, Travis Rivenbark, paralysis from a bike accident
- Bob & Louise Clemmons’ grandson, Sampson Clemmons, waiting on kidney transplant
- Myra Burtt, Lewy Body Dementia
- Lib LeGwin, leaking heart valve
- Evelyn Estep’s grandson, Josh, schizophrenia
- Sarah Grace Hill, 16-year-old, chronic autoimmune disease
- Brenda Garrison’s daughter, Paige, autoimmune disease
- Teresa Pierce, breast cancer
- Linda and Denny Smith’s granddaughter, Loren Risgaard, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis