The CareLine gives a current list of prayer needs in our church: for encouragement, support, sympathy, or celebration. This list is updated three times a week. Please submit a request to us whenever a person should be added to the CareLine.
- Doug Cushing will be installed as the pastor of the Bridge Presbyterian Church (497 Olde Waterford Way, Leland) on Sunday, January 22nd at 3 pm,
- Ted Froneberger’s mother, Catherine Froneberger, died on Saturday, January 14th. Her service will be at a later date.
- Linda Smith’s aunt, Doris Muth of PA, died on Monday, January 16th. Service arrangements are pending.
- Patsy Weinel Thurston’s father, William Weinel, died on Sunday, January 15th. A Memorial service will be held at St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church at 2 pm on Sunday, January, 22. A visitation is scheduled for Saturday, January 21 from 4 to 6 pm at Andrews Mortuary.
- Dickson Chikwakwa’s (Clerk of Session at Chuluchosema Church) mother died on December 30th.
- Frank Honey, former organist of SA-CPC, died recently at 91 years of age.
- Shelly Hobson’s aunt, Jean Smith of Raleigh, died on Thursday, January 19th.
- David Jones received 2 units of blood on Friday, 1/20.
- Helen Rippy has transitioned from NHRMC to Carolina Bay Rehab to continue treatment for an infection.
- Lou Greer’s sister, Nancy McAulay, has been released from the hospital and is in a healthcare facility in Fletcher, NC, for physical therapy.
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy) is undergoing cancer treatments and his white blood cell count is low. No visits or phone calls at this time. Your prayers and cards are appreciated.
- Marsha Wells is back at the Levine Cancer Center in Charlotte receiving treatments.
- Ed Connette, Pastor Emeritus, is now home following a brief stay at Davis to treat a virus and for PT.
- Evelyn Estep’s 26-year-old granddaughter, Kayla, remains in ICU in Brantford, ON, Canada, with complications from Type 1 diabetes. She is out of the coma but now has pneumonia.
- Larry & Page Tootoo’s daughter, Katherine Makepeace of FL, will have surgery in the near future to remove and replace rods which were placed in her spine and head years ago. These rods are breaking.
- Ira Johnson went to Duke on Friday, 1/20, for treatments for a tumor that has bonded with parts of his eye. He will resume treatments in Wilmington. Also, Dorothie Johnson is experiencing a lot of pain in her knee.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK:
- January 15: Odell Bridgers, Mike McGowan, Olivia Phelps, Ryder McEwen
- January 16: Alice Martin, Alan Efting, John Philips
- January 18: Diane Bonney, Dennis Smith, Vickie Van Note, Sandra Floyd, Missy Lawrence, William Gwathmey, Logan Stewart
- January 19: Rita Pasquariello, Lisa Hill, Jacky Njapa
- January 20: Larry Hiatt, Harriss Haskett, Anna Pilson
- January 21: Gilbert Joyner
Andy Connette, Steven Hovdesven, Charlie Hobson, John Haake, and Jack Guttenberger (South Korea)
THE PRAYER CONNECTION Long-Term Concerns (updated monthly)
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Jane Shelton’s brother, Bud Keziah of FL, is recovering from open heart surgery
- Lou Greer’s sister, Nancy McAulay, suffering from stroke and dementia
- Evelyn Estep’s brother, Ken Branston of FL, with lung cancer
- Larry Tootoo’s sister, Easter Limebeck, on kidney transplant list and has diabetes
- Lauren Mercer is pregnant and has only one chamber of her heart functioning
- Charles Wade and Kayla Neal’s infant son, Charlie, craniosynostosis (skull has fused too early); surgery expected at 6 months
- Marsha Wells, Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte, treatment for leukemia and a tumor that was discovered
- Jayne Booker, friend of Peggy Hayes, chemo and radiation for Stage 2 Ovarian and Stage 1 uterine cancer
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy), chemo treatments through Johns-Hopkins Hospital for cancer
- Chip McGuire, pancreatic cancer treatments
- John and Connie Houser’s daughter, Dr. Amy Houser of Raleigh, surgery for an infection in her hip; also paralysis due to an auto immune disease
- Ann McCord of VA, colon cancer (Ann is the daughter of the late David and Kitty Holmes)
- Jodie Smith, continued rehab after extensive hospitalization
- Jack Woods’ mother, Betty Woods of NY, broken arm and Alzheimer’s diagnosis
- Genie Gretz, migraines; daughter, Audrey, UNC-Charlotte student, on study abroad in Japan
- Barbara Liles, back problems
- Diane Swain, leukemia
- Julian Lanier’s daughter, Julie Bloss, autonomic system failure
- Ann Montgomery’s great-nephew, Travis Rivenbark, paralysis from a bike accident
- Bob & Louise Clemmons’ grandson, Sampson Clemmons, waiting on kidney transplant
- Myra Burtt, Lewy Body Dementia
- Lib LeGwin, leaking heart valve
- Evelyn Estep’s grandson, Josh, schizophrenia
- Sarah Grace Hill, 16-year-old, chronic autoimmune disease
- Brenda Garrison’s daughter, Paige, autoimmune disease
- Teresa Pierce, breast cancer
- Linda and Denny Smith’s granddaughter, Loren Risgaard, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis