The CareLine gives a current list of prayer needs in our church: for encouragement, support, sympathy, or celebration. This list is updated three times a week. Please submit a request to us whenever a person should be added to the CareLine.
- Doug Cushing was installed as the pastor of the Bridge Presbyterian Church in Leland on 1/22.
- Ted Froneberger’s mother, Catherine Froneberger, died on 1/14. Her service will be at a later date.
- Linda Smith’s aunt, Doris Muth of PA, died on Monday, January 16th.
- Patsy Weinel Thurston’s father, William Weinel, died on 1/15 and the service was on 1/22.
- Frank Honey, former organist of SA-CPC, died recently at 91 years of age.
- Shelly Hobson’s aunt, Jean Smith of Raleigh, died on Thursday, January 19th.
- Palmer Sineath is home following hospitalization for gall bladder surgery.
- Helen Rippy has transitioned from NHRMC to Cambridge Village at Carolina Bay to continue treatment for an infection and PT.
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy) is undergoing cancer treatments and his white blood cell count is low. No visits or phone calls at this time. Your prayers and cards are appreciated.
- Marsha Wells is back home from the Levine Cancer Center in Charlotte. She continues to undergo cancer treatments.
- Evelyn Estep’s 26-year-old granddaughter, Kayla, is hospitalized in Brantford, ON, Canada, with complications from Type 1 diabetes. She is out of the coma but now has pneumonia.
- Ira Johnson went to Duke on Friday, 1/20, for treatments for a tumor that has bonded with parts of his eye. He will resume treatments in Wilmington. Also, Dorothie Johnson is experiencing a lot of pain in her knee.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK:
- January 22: Ken Rankin, Phil Perry, Chuck Spittel, Gail Richardson, Leslie Tinsley, Zera Stewart
- January 23: Jim Kaufman, Steve Potter, David Smith, Ted Davis
- January 24: Louise Clemmons, Benjamin Davis
- January 25: Lib LeGwin, Clint Cornette, James Murray, Beckett Alley
- January 26: Betsy Knowles, Jeannine Efting, Joan Gray, Brad Moore, Jordan Laham, Lexi Herring, Olivia Murray
- January 27: Ken Ritchie, Patti Whitley, Alyson Davis
- January 28: Sarah Katherine Elmore, Caroline Hill
Andy Connette, Steven Hovdesven, Charlie Hobson, John Haake, and Jack Guttenberger (South Korea)
THE PRAYER CONNECTION Long-Term Concerns (updated monthly)
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Jane Shelton’s brother, Bud Keziah of FL, is recovering from open heart surgery
- Lou Greer’s sister, Nancy McAulay, suffering from stroke and dementia
- Evelyn Estep’s brother, Ken Branston of FL, with lung cancer
- Larry Tootoo’s sister, Easter Limebeck, on kidney transplant list and has diabetes
- Lauren Mercer is pregnant and has only one chamber of her heart functioning
- Charles Wade and Kayla Neal’s infant son, Charlie, craniosynostosis (skull has fused too early); surgery expected at 6 months
- Marsha Wells, Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte, treatment for leukemia and a tumor that was discovered
- Jayne Booker, friend of Peggy Hayes, chemo and radiation for Stage 2 Ovarian and Stage 1 uterine cancer
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy), chemo treatments through Johns-Hopkins Hospital for cancer
- Chip McGuire, pancreatic cancer treatments
- John and Connie Houser’s daughter, Dr. Amy Houser of Raleigh, surgery for an infection in her hip; also paralysis due to an auto immune disease
- Ann McCord of VA, colon cancer (Ann is the daughter of the late David and Kitty Holmes)
- Jodie Smith, continued rehab after extensive hospitalization
- Jack Woods’ mother, Betty Woods of NY, broken arm and Alzheimer’s diagnosis
- Genie Gretz, migraines; daughter, Audrey, UNC-Charlotte student, on study abroad in Japan
- Barbara Liles, back problems
- Diane Swain, leukemia
- Julian Lanier’s daughter, Julie Bloss, autonomic system failure
- Ann Montgomery’s great-nephew, Travis Rivenbark, paralysis from a bike accident
- Bob & Louise Clemmons’ grandson, Sampson Clemmons, waiting on kidney transplant
- Myra Burtt, Lewy Body Dementia
- Lib LeGwin, leaking heart valve
- Evelyn Estep’s grandson, Josh, schizophrenia
- Sarah Grace Hill, 16-year-old, chronic autoimmune disease
- Brenda Garrison’s daughter, Paige, autoimmune disease
- Teresa Pierce, breast cancer
- Linda and Denny Smith’s granddaughter, Loren Risgaard, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis