The CareLine gives a current list of prayer needs in our church: for encouragement, support, sympathy, or celebration. This list is updated three times a week. Please submit a request to us whenever a person should be added to the CareLine.
- Doug Cushing was installed as the pastor of the Bridge Presbyterian Church in Leland on 1/22.
- Shelly Hobson’s aunt, Jean Smith of Raleigh, died on Thursday, January 19th.
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy) has finished his chemo treatments and will soon begin radiation treatments here in Wilmington.
- David Jones will receive another unit of blood on Thursday, January 26th.
- Bill Gladstone is scheduled to have surgery for a hernia repair on Monday, January 30th at NHRMC.
- Palmer Sineath is home following hospitalization for gall bladder surgery.
- Helen Rippy has transitioned from NHRMC to Cambridge Village at Carolina Bay to continue treatment for an infection and PT.
- Marsha Wells is back home from the Levine Cancer Center in Charlotte. She continues to undergo cancer treatments.
- Evelyn Estep’s 26-year-old granddaughter, Kayla of Brantford, ON, Canada, is recovering from her diabetic coma. She is out of ICU, still on oxygen, and paralyzed in the right hand and from the knees down, but is able to walk a short distance with a walker. Evelyn’s brother, Ken Branston of FL, is scheduled for a thyroid biopsy on 2/06 and surgery on 2/08 for his cancer (lung, and maybe thyroid.)
- Ira Johnson continues to receive treatments through Duke for a tumor that has bonded with parts of his eye.
- Dorothie Johnson is experiencing a lot of pain in her knee.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK:
- January 22: Ken Rankin, Phil Perry, Chuck Spittel, Gail Richardson, Leslie Tinsley, Zera Stewart
- January 23: Jim Kaufman, Steve Potter, David Smith, Ted Davis
- January 24: Louise Clemmons, Benjamin Davis
- January 25: Lib LeGwin, Clint Cornette, James Murray, Beckett Alley
- January 26: Betsy Knowles, Jeannine Efting, Joan Gray, Brad Moore, Jordan Laham, Lexi Herring, Olivia Murray
- January 27: Ken Ritchie, Patti Whitley, Alyson Davis
- January 28: Sarah Katherine Elmore, Caroline Hill
Andy Connette, Steven Hovdesven, Charlie Hobson, John Haake, and Jack Guttenberger (South Korea)
THE PRAYER CONNECTION Long-Term Concerns (updated monthly)
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Jane Shelton’s brother, Bud Keziah of FL, is recovering from open heart surgery
- Lou Greer’s sister, Nancy McAulay, suffering from stroke and dementia
- Evelyn Estep’s brother, Ken Branston of FL, with lung cancer
- Larry Tootoo’s sister, Easter Limebeck, on kidney transplant list and has diabetes
- Lauren Mercer is pregnant and has only one chamber of her heart functioning
- Charles Wade and Kayla Neal’s infant son, Charlie, craniosynostosis (skull has fused too early); surgery expected at 6 months
- Marsha Wells, Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte, treatment for leukemia and a tumor that was discovered
- Jayne Booker, friend of Peggy Hayes, chemo and radiation for Stage 2 Ovarian and Stage 1 uterine cancer
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy), chemo treatments through Johns-Hopkins Hospital for cancer
- Chip McGuire, pancreatic cancer treatments
- John and Connie Houser’s daughter, Dr. Amy Houser of Raleigh, surgery for an infection in her hip; also paralysis due to an auto immune disease
- Ann McCord of VA, colon cancer (Ann is the daughter of the late David and Kitty Holmes)
- Jodie Smith, continued rehab after extensive hospitalization
- Jack Woods’ mother, Betty Woods of NY, broken arm and Alzheimer’s diagnosis
- Genie Gretz, migraines; daughter, Audrey, UNC-Charlotte student, on study abroad in Japan
- Barbara Liles, back problems
- Diane Swain, leukemia
- Julian Lanier’s daughter, Julie Bloss, autonomic system failure
- Ann Montgomery’s great-nephew, Travis Rivenbark, paralysis from a bike accident
- Bob & Louise Clemmons’ grandson, Sampson Clemmons, waiting on kidney transplant
- Myra Burtt, Lewy Body Dementia
- Lib LeGwin, leaking heart valve
- Evelyn Estep’s grandson, Josh, schizophrenia
- Sarah Grace Hill, 16-year-old, chronic autoimmune disease
- Brenda Garrison’s daughter, Paige, autoimmune disease
- Teresa Pierce, breast cancer
- Linda and Denny Smith’s granddaughter, Loren Risgaard, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis