The CareLine gives a current list of prayer needs in our church: for encouragement, support, sympathy, or celebration. This list is updated three times a week. Please submit a request to us whenever a person should be added to the CareLine.
- Will and Allison Goodson on the baptism of their son, Mack Andrews Goodson, on Sunday, February 12th at SA-CPC. Grandparents include Rick and Mary Andrews, and great grandmother, Joan Andrews.
- L. C. Dechent’s mother, Joyce Young, has been readmitted to Rex Hospital for fluid on her lungs.
- Clyde Ent has transitioned to Trinity Grove from NHRMC.
- Nancy Bullard is scheduled for shoulder surgery on Monday, February 20th in Charlotte.
- Marie Wood (former member) of Greensboro has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She had successful surgery on Thursday, February 9th and will begin chemotherapy after her recovery.
- Marsha Wells is home and continues to receive cancer treatments under the care of Levine Cancer Center in Charlotte.
- Evelyn Estep’s 26-year-old granddaughter, Kayla of Brantford, ON, Canada, is recovering from her diabetic coma. She is out of ICU, still on oxygen, and paralyzed in the right hand and from the knees down, but is able to walk a short distance with a walker. Evelyn’s brother, Ken Branston of FL, had successful lung surgery on Wednesday, February 8th and no thyroid problem was discovered.
- Sarah Grace Hill, 16-year-old daughter of Lisa Hill and granddaughter of Phyllis Smith, is back home following an appointment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia on Monday, February 13th for an ongoing medical issue.
- Mike and Jan McGowan’s 8 month old grandson, Charlie of NY, is now home after being hospitalized with a bad virus.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK:
- February 12: Bill Aman, Chris Heffron, Lauren Swart, Patrick Pasquariello
- February 13: Ann Benson, Betty Feezor, Cate Swain
- February 14: Martha Compton
- February 15: Craig Meck, Scott Garrett, Lora Padula, Jay Andrews
- February 16: Mary Farmer, Mary Claire Stuart
- February 17: Jack Higgins, Kevin Mewborn
- February 18: Doug Curtis, Sandra Gelegonya, John Bohbrink, Penn Compton
Andy Connette, Steven Hovdesven, Charlie Hobson, John Haake, and Jack Guttenberger (South Korea)
THE PRAYER CONNECTION Long-Term Concerns (updated monthly)
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Jane Shelton’s brother, Bud Keziah of FL, is recovering from open heart surgery
- Lou Greer’s sister, Nancy McAulay, suffering from stroke and dementia
- Evelyn Estep’s brother, Ken Branston of FL, with lung cancer
- Larry Tootoo’s sister, Easter Limebeck, on kidney transplant list and has diabetes
- Lauren Mercer is pregnant and has only one chamber of her heart functioning
- Charles Wade and Kayla Neal’s infant son, Charlie, craniosynostosis (skull has fused too early); surgery expected at 6 months
- Marsha Wells, Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte, treatment for leukemia and a tumor that was discovered
- Jayne Booker, friend of Peggy Hayes, chemo and radiation for Stage 2 Ovarian and Stage 1 uterine cancer
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy), chemo treatments through Johns-Hopkins Hospital for cancer
- Chip McGuire, pancreatic cancer treatments
- John and Connie Houser’s daughter, Dr. Amy Houser of Raleigh, surgery for an infection in her hip; also paralysis due to an auto immune disease
- Ann McCord of VA, colon cancer (Ann is the daughter of the late David and Kitty Holmes)
- Jodie Smith, continued rehab after extensive hospitalization
- Jack Woods’ mother, Betty Woods of NY, broken arm and Alzheimer’s diagnosis
- Genie Gretz, migraines; daughter, Audrey, UNC-Charlotte student, on study abroad in Japan
- Barbara Liles, back problems
- Diane Swain, leukemia
- Julian Lanier’s daughter, Julie Bloss, autonomic system failure
- Ann Montgomery’s great-nephew, Travis Rivenbark, paralysis from a bike accident
- Bob & Louise Clemmons’ grandson, Sampson Clemmons, waiting on kidney transplant
- Myra Burtt, Lewy Body Dementia
- Lib LeGwin, leaking heart valve
- Evelyn Estep’s grandson, Josh, schizophrenia
- Sarah Grace Hill, 16-year-old, chronic autoimmune disease
- Brenda Garrison’s daughter, Paige, autoimmune disease
- Teresa Pierce, breast cancer
- Linda and Denny Smith’s granddaughter, Loren Risgaard, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis