The CareLine gives a current list of prayer needs in our church: for encouragement, support, sympathy, or celebration. This list is updated three times a week. Please submit a request to us whenever a person should be added to the CareLine.
- John and Sharon Miller on the birth of their second grandchild, Hudson Miller Reed, born on Friday, February 24th to Ryan and Katie Reed of NY.
- Lib LeGwin died on Thursday, February 23rd. Visitation will be at Andrews Mortuary on Market Street on Sunday, February 26th, 4-6pm. The service will be at Andrews on Market on Monday, February 27th at 11am.
- Mary Nell Piver Bowden (former member) died on Thursday, February 23rd.
- Sam and Carol Query’s daughter, Dr. Maggie Prevette of OH, died unexpectedly on Saturday, February 18th. She is survived by her husband, Greg, and three children: Rob (10), Olivia (8) and Virginia (6). The celebration of Maggie’s life will be held at 10:00 am on Saturday at First Congregational Church in Hudson, Ohio. Burial will follow on Monday at 10:00 am in the cemetery of Mossy Creek Presbyterian Church in Mt. Solon, Virginia. The church was founded in 1758 and is where many of Sam’s ancestors lie at rest, most recently his parents and his aunt and uncle.
- Betsy Wallace is in NHRMC with pneumonia.
- Glenn Fincannon is in MICU at NHRMC.
- Bob Bardeen is recovering from a kidney stone procedure.
- Sharon Roberts had outpatient surgery on her thumb on Tuesday, 2/21 and the hand will be immobilized in a cast for at least four weeks.
- Murray Degnan is suffering from vertigo.
- Evelyn Estep’s 26-year-old granddaughter, Kayla of Brantford, ON, Canada, is recovering from her diabetic coma. She is paralyzed in the right hand and from the knees down. She had an emergency tracheotomy on Wednesday, 2/22.
- Emma Dineen’s brother, Jeff Maxwell of Stedman, has been diagnosed with cancer.
- L. C. Dechent’s mother, Joyce Young, was readmitted to Rex Hospital for congestive heart failure. She has been dismissed to a rehab facility.
- Nancy Bullard had successful shoulder surgery on Monday, February 20th in Charlotte. She will be hospitalized overnight and then stay with her daughter during her recuperation.
- Marie Wood (former member) of Greensboro has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She had successful surgery on Thursday, February 9th and will begin chemotherapy on Monday, February 28th.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK:
- February 19: Becky Merritt, Linda Rankin, Gloria Degnan, Cindy Simpson
- February 20: Dick Sandlin, Brandon Bush
- February 21: Bill Francis
- February 22: Jim Smith, Nancy Trout
- February 23: Cindy Bron, Grace Andrews
- February 24: Tim Bottoms, Clint North, Kim Dalton, Tina Wallace, Mary Heidenreich, Caitlin Neal
- February 25: Bob Thurston
Andy Connette, Steven Hovdesven, Charlie Hobson, John Haake, and Jack Guttenberger (South Korea)
THE PRAYER CONNECTION Long-Term Concerns (updated monthly)
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Jane Shelton’s brother, Bud Keziah of FL, is recovering from open heart surgery
- Lou Greer’s sister, Nancy McAulay, suffering from stroke and dementia
- Evelyn Estep’s brother, Ken Branston of FL, with lung cancer
- Larry Tootoo’s sister, Easter Limebeck, on kidney transplant list and has diabetes
- Lauren Mercer is pregnant and has only one chamber of her heart functioning
- Charles Wade and Kayla Neal’s infant son, Charlie, craniosynostosis (skull has fused too early); surgery expected at 6 months
- Marsha Wells, Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte, treatment for leukemia and a tumor that was discovered
- Jayne Booker, friend of Peggy Hayes, chemo and radiation for Stage 2 Ovarian and Stage 1 uterine cancer
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy), chemo treatments through Johns-Hopkins Hospital for cancer
- Chip McGuire, pancreatic cancer treatments
- John and Connie Houser’s daughter, Dr. Amy Houser of Raleigh, surgery for an infection in her hip; also paralysis due to an auto immune disease
- Ann McCord of VA, colon cancer (Ann is the daughter of the late David and Kitty Holmes)
- Jodie Smith, continued rehab after extensive hospitalization
- Jack Woods’ mother, Betty Woods of NY, broken arm and Alzheimer’s diagnosis
- Genie Gretz, migraines; daughter, Audrey, UNC-Charlotte student, on study abroad in Japan
- Barbara Liles, back problems
- Diane Swain, leukemia
- Julian Lanier’s daughter, Julie Bloss, autonomic system failure
- Ann Montgomery’s great-nephew, Travis Rivenbark, paralysis from a bike accident
- Bob & Louise Clemmons’ grandson, Sampson Clemmons, waiting on kidney transplant
- Myra Burtt, Lewy Body Dementia
- Lib LeGwin, leaking heart valve
- Evelyn Estep’s grandson, Josh, schizophrenia
- Sarah Grace Hill, 16-year-old, chronic autoimmune disease
- Brenda Garrison’s daughter, Paige, autoimmune disease
- Teresa Pierce, breast cancer
- Linda and Denny Smith’s granddaughter, Loren Risgaard, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis