The CareLine gives a current list of prayer needs in our church: for encouragement, support, sympathy, or celebration. This list is updated three times a week. Please submit a request to us whenever a person should be added to the CareLine.
- John and Sharon Miller on the birth of their second grandchild, Hudson Miller Reed, born on Friday, February 24th to Ryan and Katie Reed of NY.
- L. C. Dechent’s mother, Joyce Young, died on Saturday, February 25th.
- Lib LeGwin died on Thursday, February 23rd. The service was on Monday, February 27th.
- Mary Nell Piver Bowden (former member) died on Wednesday, February 22nd. A memorial service will be held on Friday, March 3rd at Westminster Presbyterian, Wilmington.
- Sam and Carol Query’s daughter, Maggie Prevette of OH, died unexpectedly on Saturday, February 18th. She is survived by her husband, Greg, and three children: Rob (10), Olivia (8) and Virginia (6). The celebration of Maggie’s life was on Saturday at First Congregational Church in Hudson, Ohio. Burial was on Monday in the cemetery of Mossy Creek Presbyterian Church in Mt. Solon, Virginia. The church was founded in 1758 and is where many of Sam’s ancestors lie at rest, most recently his parents and his aunt and uncle.
- Betsy Wallace is in NHRMC with the flu and suffered a stroke.
- Glenn Fincannon is in MICU at NHRMC.
- Linda Earle Steadman’s brother, Thomas Gunn, broke both bones in his lower right leg just above his ankle, had surgery on Monday, February, 27 at Duke.
- Teresa Pierce is recovering at home following recent hospitalization for gall bladder surgery.
- Evelyn Estep’s 26-year-old granddaughter, Kayla of Brantford, ON, Canada, is recovering from her diabetic coma. She is paralyzed in the right hand and from the knees down. She had an emergency tracheotomy on Wednesday, 2/22.
- Nancy Bullard had successful shoulder surgery on Monday, February 20th in Charlotte. She will be hospitalized overnight and then stay with her daughter during her recuperation.
- Vickie Lapp’s mother, Dorla Wagoner of Elkin, is hospitalized with an irregular heartbeat.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK:
- February 26: Ann Montgomery, Tommy Wallace
- February 27: Barbara Avent, Carolyn Wells, Charles Gainey, Emily Bottoms, Paul Richardson, Allen Michael Kraus
- February 28: Nancy Bullard, Chuck Wilson, Bob Bardeen, Sue McCaffray, Kathy Benson, Robert Exum
- March 1: Gwen Behen, Carol Wellford, Maryellen Hinson
- March 2: Carlton Kimbro, Mary Andrews, Kelly Laham, Abigail Holder
- March 3: Clyde Strassner, Emily Vassar, Allie Efting, Julia Lensch, Jack Richardson
- March 4: Daisy Curry, Norma Wood, John Houser, Polly Boyd, Mary Margaret Burney
Andy Connette, Steven Hovdesven, Charlie Hobson, John Haake, and Jack Guttenberger (South Korea)
THE PRAYER CONNECTION Long-Term Concerns (updated monthly)
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Jane Shelton’s brother, Bud Keziah of FL, is recovering from open heart surgery
- Lou Greer’s sister, Nancy McAulay, suffering from stroke and dementia
- Evelyn Estep’s brother, Ken Branston of FL, with lung cancer
- Larry Tootoo’s sister, Easter Limebeck, on kidney transplant list and has diabetes
- Lauren Mercer is pregnant and has only one chamber of her heart functioning
- Charles Wade and Kayla Neal’s infant son, Charlie, craniosynostosis (skull has fused too early); surgery expected at 6 months
- Marsha Wells, Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte, treatment for leukemia and a tumor that was discovered
- Jayne Booker, friend of Peggy Hayes, chemo and radiation for Stage 2 Ovarian and Stage 1 uterine cancer
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy), chemo treatments through Johns-Hopkins Hospital for cancer
- Chip McGuire, pancreatic cancer treatments
- John and Connie Houser’s daughter, Dr. Amy Houser of Raleigh, surgery for an infection in her hip; also paralysis due to an auto immune disease
- Ann McCord of VA, colon cancer (Ann is the daughter of the late David and Kitty Holmes)
- Jodie Smith, continued rehab after extensive hospitalization
- Jack Woods’ mother, Betty Woods of NY, broken arm and Alzheimer’s diagnosis
- Genie Gretz, migraines; daughter, Audrey, UNC-Charlotte student, on study abroad in Japan
- Barbara Liles, back problems
- Diane Swain, leukemia
- Julian Lanier’s daughter, Julie Bloss, autonomic system failure
- Ann Montgomery’s great-nephew, Travis Rivenbark, paralysis from a bike accident
- Bob & Louise Clemmons’ grandson, Sampson Clemmons, waiting on kidney transplant
- Myra Burtt, Lewy Body Dementia
- Lib LeGwin, leaking heart valve
- Evelyn Estep’s grandson, Josh, schizophrenia
- Sarah Grace Hill, 16-year-old, chronic autoimmune disease
- Brenda Garrison’s daughter, Paige, autoimmune disease
- Teresa Pierce, breast cancer
- Linda and Denny Smith’s granddaughter, Loren Risgaard, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis