The CareLine gives a current list of prayer needs in our church: for encouragement, support, sympathy, or celebration. This list is updated three times a week. Please submit a request to us whenever a person should be added to the CareLine.
- Brian and Marjorie Lanier on the baptism of their son, David Harris Lanier on Sunday, March 19th.
- Marsha Wells died on Monday, March 20th. The visitation will be on Wednesday, March 22nd from 6-8 pm at Andrews on Market Street. The service will be on Thursday, March 23rd at 2 pm at SA-CPC.
- Marj Kunz’s brother of NJ died recently.
- Melanie Philips’ mother, Jaquelyn “Jackie” Byrd Raper of Rocky Mount, died on Wednesday, March 15th. The service was on Saturday, March 18th at 2 pm at Lakeside Baptist Church.
- Patti Whitley’s brother, Tim Berly of Charlotte, died on Mach 11th. The service was on Thursday, March 16th. .
- David Jones has an appointment with his doctors at Duke on Monday, March 20th.
- Grace Napper had back surgery on Thursday, March 16th at NHRMC where she remains hospitalized. She is scheduled to transition to Bradley Creek at Carolina Bay for PT.
- Joe McClellon received a pacemaker on March 13th and has transitioned to Coastal Rehab at NHRMC.
- Alice Martin’s granddaughter and Lisa Romero’s daughter, Sage Smelik, tore her ACL and had surgery on Friday, March 17th and is now recovering at home.
- Ira Johnson is receiving infusion treatments every two weeks for a tumor behind his eye. He has an appointment at Duke on Monday, March 20th.
- Betty Dean had back surgery on March 8th and is now recovering at home following hospitalization. She is now receiving visits and phone calls.
- Marie Wood (former member) of Greensboro is receiving chemotherapy for ovarian cancer.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK:
- March 19: Liza Connette, Nancy Mihle
- March 20: LindaEarle Steadman
- March 22: Jim Bryan, Mary Coble, Chris Richardson, Betsy Williams, Deuce Bagley, Lila Ciarrocca
- March 23: Judy Smith, Carolyn Leonard
- March 24: Gayle McCormick, Amy North
- March 25: Tom Pappendick, Sandra Williams, Leilani Balaban, Max Eskew
Andy Connette, Steven Hovdesven, Charlie Hobson, John Haake, and Jack Guttenberger (South Korea)
THE PRAYER CONNECTION Long-Term Concerns (updated monthly)
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Jane Shelton’s brother, Bud Keziah of FL, is recovering from open heart surgery
- Lou Greer’s sister, Nancy McAulay, suffering from stroke and dementia
- Evelyn Estep’s brother, Ken Branston of FL, with lung cancer
- Larry Tootoo’s sister, Easter Limebeck, on kidney transplant list and has diabetes
- Lauren Mercer is pregnant and has only one chamber of her heart functioning
- Charles Wade and Kayla Neal’s infant son, Charlie, craniosynostosis (skull has fused too early); surgery expected at 6 months
- Marsha Wells, Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte, treatment for leukemia and a tumor that was discovered
- Jayne Booker, friend of Peggy Hayes, chemo and radiation for Stage 2 Ovarian and Stage 1 uterine cancer
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy), chemo treatments through Johns-Hopkins Hospital for cancer
- Chip McGuire, pancreatic cancer treatments
- John and Connie Houser’s daughter, Dr. Amy Houser of Raleigh, surgery for an infection in her hip; also paralysis due to an auto immune disease
- Ann McCord of VA, colon cancer (Ann is the daughter of the late David and Kitty Holmes)
- Jodie Smith, continued rehab after extensive hospitalization
- Jack Woods’ mother, Betty Woods of NY, broken arm and Alzheimer’s diagnosis
- Genie Gretz, migraines; daughter, Audrey, UNC-Charlotte student, on study abroad in Japan
- Barbara Liles, back problems
- Diane Swain, leukemia
- Julian Lanier’s daughter, Julie Bloss, autonomic system failure
- Ann Montgomery’s great-nephew, Travis Rivenbark, paralysis from a bike accident
- Bob & Louise Clemmons’ grandson, Sampson Clemmons, waiting on kidney transplant
- Myra Burtt, Lewy Body Dementia
- Lib LeGwin, leaking heart valve
- Evelyn Estep’s grandson, Josh, schizophrenia
- Sarah Grace Hill, 16-year-old, chronic autoimmune disease
- Brenda Garrison’s daughter, Paige, autoimmune disease
- Teresa Pierce, breast cancer
- Linda and Denny Smith’s granddaughter, Loren Risgaard, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis