The CareLine gives a current list of prayer needs in our church: for encouragement, support, sympathy, or celebration. This list is updated three times a week. Please submit a request to us whenever a person should be added to the CareLine.
- Annie “Jo” Robinson, a long-time member who moved to be closer to family, died on Sunday, March 26th.
- Ayo Browne, who had moved to Camp Lejeune for work, died recently in Winston-Salem.
- Jodie Smith has been dismissed home from the hospital.
- Cliff Hester has been dismissed home from the hospital.
- Carlton Kimbro has been dismissed back to Liberty Commons from the hospital.
- Joe McClellon has been dismissed from Coastal Rehab and is transitioning to OK to be closer to his daughter.
- Grace Napper had back surgery on Thursday, March 16th and is now at Bradley Creek at Carolina Bay for PT.
- Marie Wood (former member) of Greensboro is receiving chemotherapy for ovarian cancer.
- Lib Pusey’s brother, James Fields of Clennon, has inoperable stage 3 lung cancer.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK:
- March 26: Joshua Neiburger
- March 27: JoAnna Worsley
- March 28: Jean Bridger, Jackie Lewis, Shuford Cornette
- March 29: Larry Tootoo, Chris Johnston, Sarah Holt Gwathmey
- March 30: George Alley
- March 31: Carolyn Connor, Cecelia Corbett, Kimberly Exum, Jennifer Glatt, Wiley North
- April 1: Nancy Worsley, Lynn McIver, Tavis McFadyen, Wyatt Mock
Andy Connette, Steven Hovdesven, Charlie Hobson, John Haake, and Jack Guttenberger (South Korea)
THE PRAYER CONNECTION Long-Term Concerns (updated monthly)
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Jane Shelton’s brother, Bud Keziah of FL, is recovering from open heart surgery
- Lou Greer’s sister, Nancy McAulay, suffering from stroke and dementia
- Evelyn Estep’s brother, Ken Branston of FL, with lung cancer
- Larry Tootoo’s sister, Easter Limebeck, on kidney transplant list and has diabetes
- Lauren Mercer is pregnant and has only one chamber of her heart functioning
- Charles Wade and Kayla Neal’s infant son, Charlie, craniosynostosis (skull has fused too early); surgery expected at 6 months
- Marsha Wells, Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte, treatment for leukemia and a tumor that was discovered
- Jayne Booker, friend of Peggy Hayes, chemo and radiation for Stage 2 Ovarian and Stage 1 uterine cancer
- Jim Smith (wife, Judy), chemo treatments through Johns-Hopkins Hospital for cancer
- Chip McGuire, pancreatic cancer treatments
- John and Connie Houser’s daughter, Dr. Amy Houser of Raleigh, surgery for an infection in her hip; also paralysis due to an auto immune disease
- Ann McCord of VA, colon cancer (Ann is the daughter of the late David and Kitty Holmes)
- Jodie Smith, continued rehab after extensive hospitalization
- Jack Woods’ mother, Betty Woods of NY, broken arm and Alzheimer’s diagnosis
- Genie Gretz, migraines; daughter, Audrey, UNC-Charlotte student, on study abroad in Japan
- Barbara Liles, back problems
- Diane Swain, leukemia
- Julian Lanier’s daughter, Julie Bloss, autonomic system failure
- Ann Montgomery’s great-nephew, Travis Rivenbark, paralysis from a bike accident
- Bob & Louise Clemmons’ grandson, Sampson Clemmons, waiting on kidney transplant
- Myra Burtt, Lewy Body Dementia
- Lib LeGwin, leaking heart valve
- Evelyn Estep’s grandson, Josh, schizophrenia
- Sarah Grace Hill, 16-year-old, chronic autoimmune disease
- Brenda Garrison’s daughter, Paige, autoimmune disease
- Teresa Pierce, breast cancer
- Linda and Denny Smith’s granddaughter, Loren Risgaard, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis