“Marriage should be honored by all…” Hebrews 13:4
Weddings at St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church are a Service of Worship and include most of the elements found in any worship service in this church. Wedding policies shall, therefore, follow the criteria established by the Book of Order.
Who may marry here:
- Any Active Member of St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church provided that either parents, or the bride, or the groom applying to be married, have been active members of SACPC for at least twelve (12) months before the application is filed.
- We do not host non-member weddings.
General Requirements of couples and wedding party:
- All wedding rehearsals and weddings at St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church
are subject to the Wedding Policies of SACPC as set forth in Sections I through XIII
of the WEDDING POLICY BOOKLET.
- Responsibility – Couples being married in this church are held responsible for the actions of their wedding party.
- Officiating – The wedding must be conducted by a minister of SACPC church. Other ministers may assist only by invitation of the Session.
- Premarital Pastoral Care – Couples must initiate an appointment for premarital pastoral care with one of the ministers within thirty (30) days following approval.
- A SACPC Wedding Coordinator and Assistant, who are both well trained, will be assigned. No outside consultants are needed or expected at any coordinator meeting, rehearsal, or ceremony.
Dates Weddings are not permitted:
New Year’s Eve Fourth of July weekend
New Year’s Day Labor Day weekend
Palm Sunday Weekend Thanksgiving weekend
Holy Week Christmas Eve
Easter Weekend Christmas Day
Memorial Day Weekend