G-2.03 RULING ELDERS: THE MINISTRY OF DISCERNMENT AND GOVERNANCE
At SACPC our Session is made up up 18 Ruling Elders elected by the congregation, and our ordained ministers. The Pastor/Head of Staff acts as the moderator of Session, and is supported by a Clerk of Session – a role currently held by Katherine Brandi. The Session generally meets on the third Monday of each month to discuss and make decisions about church ministry focus, policies, and regular business such as approving baptisms, and to discuss comments, questions, and concerns shared by members of the congregation.
The session generally meets on the 4th Monday of the month. The August, 2017 Session meeting will be held during the planing retreat August 25/26.
- Budget & Finance: Responsible for preparing church budgets, forecasting, making recommendations for finance options, etc. Reviews staff financial reports, prepares reports for Session consideration in conjunction with staff.
- Personnel: Responsible for personnel support, personnel policy development (coordinated with policy committee), legal/regulatory compliance, resource for staff, etc.
- Planning: Responsible for developing and managing church Session planning processes.
- Policy and Governance: Responsible for establishing/directing policy format (to include motions), incorporating “policy” decisions in appropriate policy manual(s), coordinating regular Session review of policies, ensuring policies are up-to-date and accessible by all church members, etc.
- Communication: Responsible for coordinating communication of Session decisions to congregation, facilitating research information requests (of Session), coordinating regular receipt of/response to congregational feedback, etc.
- Training: Responsible for training incoming officers, volunteers, Session committee chairs, etc. on policy, roles/responsibilities, etc.
|Cindy Simpson||2017||Budget & Finance||Chair|
|Robert McIver||2017||Policy & Governance||Chair|
|Sue McCaffray||2018||Training||Vice Chair|
|Tom Glatt||2018||Planning||Vice Chair|
|Larry Tootoo||2018||Policy & Governance||Vice Chair|
|John Bohbrink||2018||Personnel||Vice Chair|
|Ed Hobson||2019||Budget & Finance||Secretary|
|Nancy Braswell||2019||Policy & Governance||Secretary|