The SACPC Communications Committee is responsible for making sure our communications channels are being used, starting with the website. All submissions go to the Media Secretary for review before publication.
CREATE A POST AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
To submit news and information about upcoming events via the website:
1. Follow instructions. You can also upload a photo (worth 1,000 words!); and put submitted by at the beginning in case of questions
2. Info. Submitted via the web will also appear on the church Facebook page. Unless it is noted when submitting your news it does not automatically go into the paper version of Saints Alive (if it’s an in-church event).
TIMING OF SUBMISSIONS (you can indicate when you submit information when you want the “broadcast” to appear). These three steps will help insure your message is seen at least once (separate submission needed for each step):
1. SAVE THE DATE submission
2. REMINDER(s) just before the event and the morning of the event
3. FOLLOWUP: blurb about the event and SHARE PHOTOS afterward
Following up with results and photos helps make our entire church family feel connected, even if they didn’t attend or participate. To share photos via Facebook email a few of your best photos to email@example.com with a brief description of what took place.
For additional media or tech support issues, contact the Media Secretary at 762-9693 ex. 206.
WHAT TO COMMUNICATE ABOUT?… (We have a lot to say!)
- Mission Trips (local and international…who’s going, what the group is doing),
- Youth activities that the whole congregation can get excited and pray about (Confirmation, mission and summer trips, D groups),
- Adult Education (book worms, Sunday School classes, special speakers),
- New Additions to the building/grounds
- Worship service times and themes,
- Music programs (adult/youth/children/Music on Market),
- Additions to our staff and leadership,
- Two Cents a Meal, POPs, special meals & celebrations,
- Stewardship (stories and information).
- New Members (pictures and info), Charter Members…. There’s PLENTY MORE!